Your gas geyser does not require an electrical source because it runs on gas. Gas geysers range in price from R1600 to R9900.
Gas geysers, also known as gas water heaters, do not have any water reservoirs and heat the water as it passes through them.
Here’s a quick rundown of gas geyser prices:
|5 litre Gas Geyser||R1600 – R1800|
|10 litre Gas Geyser||R2200 – R3600|
|12 litre Gas Geyser||R3200 – R4500|
|16 litre Gas Geyser||R3900 – R6700|
|20 litre Gas Geyser||R4300 – R9900|
Gas geysers with a smaller capacity (5l to 10l) are ideal for camping and can heat a single tap or a kitchen sink.
Depending on the size of the gas geyser, you can run a shower, bath, washing machine, or main tap at the same time.
The more hot water a gas geyser can deliver, the larger its capacity.
What Factors Influence Gas Geyser Prices?
The following factors influence gas geyser pricing in South Africa:
- Brand of gas geyser (e.g. Dewhot, Kwikot, Atlas, Totai, Bosch, etc)
- Dimensions of a gas geyser (e.g. 5l, 10l, 20l, etc)
- The geyser’s accessibility
- There is a lot of work involved.
The price of a gas geyser ranges from R1600 to R9000.
For a variety of reasons, installing a gas geyser is an excellent idea:
What Are the Benefits of Installing a Gas Geyser?
- Water is heated faster than with electric gey
- Running costs are lower.
- Extremely energy-efficient
- Can be used during power outages or load shedding.
- It’s ideal for living off the grid.
- When camping, it can be used.
Gas geysers are available in a range of sizes and types
There are three types of gas geysers:
- Gas geysers, standard or manual
- Gas geysers with a constant temperature
- Gas geysers with a forced fan
Standard/Manual Gas Geysers
If you only require one tap with hot water and reside in a tiny flat or single-story home, standard or manual gas geysers are ideal.
Standard (manual) geysers come in sizes ranging from 6 to 20 litres and are ideal for single people on a budget.
The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of typical gas geysers:
- a cost-effective alternative for water heating
- Simple to use
- Water temps can be set during winter or summer.
- It is not possible to give hot water to many taps.
- It is not possible to set a precise temperature.
- Upstairs, there is no water supply.
- Sensitive to changes in water pressure
- Will necessitate the use of a weather cover
Gas Geysers with Temperature Control
Gas geysers with a constant temperature setting allow you to precisely control the temperature of your water. They seem like ordinary gas geysers, but they contain a keypad where you can regulate the temperature of your water.
The following are some considerations for constant temperature gas geysers:
- Gas geysers that are inexpensive and provide the desired water temperature
- Ideal for singles who live alone in a tiny space.
- Maintains a consistent temperature in the water
- It’s possible to run two hot taps at the same time, but it’s not recommended for multi-story homes.
Gas Geysers with a Forced Fan
Although forced fan gas geysers have a high upfront cost, they will save you a lot of money in the long run due to their great gas efficiency.
They usually have extended warranties and can be powered by generators or your existing solar water system.
The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of forced fan gas geysers:
- Extremely gas-saving
- It is possible to pick a precise water temperature.
- Not affected by changes in water pressure
- Frequently have a ten-year warranty.
- Upstairs, able to provide hot water
- Can be powered by your generator
- It’s possible to connect it to a solar water system.
- Several taps should provide hot water.
- There is no requirement for a flue pipe.
- To light and set the temperature of the water, you’ll need an electrical connection.
- The most costly type of gas geyser
- Power surge protection is required.
Manufacturers of the Best Gas Geysers
You have a lot of options when it comes to gas geyser brands! In South Africa, the following are the most popular gas geyser brands: