The combined cost of materials and labour for installing a PVC Fence:
- Picket fencing costs between R1050 to R2350 per metre.
- R1500 to R2500 per metre for semi-private fencing.
- Individual privacy fencing costs between R1500 to R2900 per metre.
If you want to alter an existing fence or install a new fence you should consider a PVC fence. Below you will find a guide on how much PVC fencing cost and if PVC fencing is right for your application. Also, we will give you advice on how to select the right PVC fencing contractor. These are the sections that will be discussed below:
- How much does PVC fencing cost?
- How much does it cost to establish PVC fencing?
- What is PVC fencing?
- Benefits of PVC fencing
- Disadvantages of PVC fencing
- How to choose a PVC fencing service provider
Alternatively request an obligation free quote by completing our online form.
How much does PVC fencing cost?
The price of PVC fencing can vary by type. Below we list some PVC fence types and the average material prices excluding labour by fence type:
- Picket fencing can cost between R700 to R900 per metre depending on the style and strength selected.
- Semi-Private slated PVC fences can range in price from R900 – R1200 per metre
- Individual Privacy PVC fences prices are higher and can cost between R1500 – R2500 due to their superior strength and more detailing.
- Balustrades or Guardrails will cost somewhere between R600 and R900 per metre.
The cost of a new fence will similarly include posts, rails, and pickets. Walkway and vehicle gates are all so available and the cost will depend on the size and design of the gate.
How much does it cost to install PVC fencing?
PVC fencing is designed to be slotted together rapidly and can be installed much faster than most other fencing options.
The cost of Installing a PVC fence in South Africa averages between:
- Picket fence installation can cost from R550 to R1450 per metre.
- Semi Private fencing installations can cost between R700 and R1500 per metre.
- An Individual Privacy PVC fence will cost between R700 and R1800 per metre.
When combined the total cost for a PVC fence including material and labour will be:
- Between R1050 to R2350 per metre for Picket Fences.
- R1500 to R2500 per metre for semi-private fencing.
- Individual privacy fencing runs from R1500 to R2900 per metre.
Get quotes from local fence professionals now.
What is PVC fencing?
Vinyl fencing and PVC fencing are sometimes confused. PVC, which stands for polyvinyl chloride, is used as fencing because it is more durable than regular vinyl. Because vinyl and PVC are occasionally used interchangeably, if you see “vinyl” fencing, make sure it’s actually PVC.
PVC fences are a modern substitute for traditional timber fences. Timber fences have actually been around for a very long time. But a PVC fence can mimic wood perfectly, endure far longer, and be less expensive in the long run.
Due to the fact that all of the components are designed to fit together quickly, PVC fencing is appropriate for DIY installation. Posts should be installed in concrete 600 to 900 mm deep and regularly supported. Once the posts are in place, if you are aware of the specifications, you should be able to quickly set up the rails, pickets, and sturdy panels or slats.
Benefits of PVC fencing
The best option for your house may be PVC fencing because it offers many advantages over timber fencing. PVC fencing offers the following advantages:
- Compared to wood, it has a higher tensile strength.
- When compared to certain types of fencing, it is non-toxic.
- It won’t require repainting.
- It will not fade because it is UV-resistant.
- Since it is non-porous, mould cannot develop on it.
- Resistant to termites and other wood borers
- Unlike wood fences, which only last 10 to 15 years, it can last up to 50 years.
.PVC fencing is cheaper in the long run even though it initially costs more than wood fencing. Given that a PVC fence doesn’t need to be painted and you won’t have to replace rotting posts or rails over the course of 20 years, its cost may be less than half that of a wood fence.
When installed, PVC fencing requires very little upkeep. PVC fences are more resistant to salt water and UV than wooden fences. PVC fences are easily cleaned by simply wiping them with a damp rag.
Disadvantages of PVC fencing
The biggest drawback of PVC fencing is that it can warp in extremely cold temperatures. However, this calls for colder temperatures than those seen in most South African habitats, including those with snow.
Other possible negatives can include:
- It is not a natural item like lumber, which may be unsightly.
- A fence may become stained without regular cleaning.
- PVC fencing costs more than other fencing options initially.
How to select a PVC fencing service provider
Not all PVC fences is made alike. To choose the very best PVC fencing for your home or business, you need to compare characteristics, including:
A variety of styles are available for picket fences and standalone privacy fences. Picket fences can be angled, curved, or straight, and the tops of the posts might be ornamental. While semi-private PVC fences can have many types of slats, individual personal privacy fences can be plain or feature latticed or picket tops.
Service and service warranty
PVC fencing comes with warranties of 20, 25, 30, up to 50 years. Even though it costs a little more, purchasing PVC fencing with a longer warranty duration is a good choice.
There are a few factors to consider while selecting a PVC fence. When you’ve selected a fence you like, it will require almost no maintenance and probably won’t need painting or repairs for many years to come. Simply wipe down the fence when it is dirty and use a damp cloth to remove dirt and grime.
It does not matter if you would like to install a PVC fence on your commercial or residential property a Local Pros partner can do the job quickly and affordably. Get your quote today!