Floor tile setup costs in South Africa are typically around:
- R400-R1000 per square metre for vinyl flooring tiles.
- R500-R1500 per square metre for ceramic or porcelain flooring tiles.
- R900-R1250 per square metre for natural stone flooring tiles.
Purchasing flooring tiles is relatively uncomplicated. You pick the tiles you like, get a number of quotes and have them provided. What can be more complex is getting quotes for setting up flooring tiles and working out just how much flooring tile setup expenses can be. This is why we recommend only tiling pros services.
The most inexpensive vinyl or ceramic tiles might be set up for just R300 per square metre, with costs reaching R1500 per square metre or more for high quality products and customized tiles.
If you’re questioning why one tiling quote is greater than another, or why your neighbor’s living-room tiling task was less expensive than your restroom quote, here’s what you need to understand prior to getting quotes from tilers.
- How much does it cost to set up flooring tiles?
- Just how much do tilers charge?
- What impacts the flooring tile setup cost?
- Getting quotes for flooring tile setup
How much does it cost to set up flooring tiles?
Floor tile setup costs are normally priced on a per square metre basis. It will depend upon the type and size of tiles utilized, the size of your task and your place. As a rough guide, anticipate having to pay around:
- R400-R1000 per square metre for vinyl flooring tiles
- R500-R1500 per square metre for ceramic or porcelain flooring tiles
- R900-R1250 per square metre for natural stone flooring tiles
- R350-R500 per sheet for mosaic flooring tiles
Just how much do tilers charge?
Tilers charge anywhere from R300 to R1500 per square metre, with typical rates in between R450 and R500 per m2. Some tilers charge a per hour rate, which might be R450 to R1000 per hour.
If you have existing tiles that require to be gotten rid of, this will contribute to your quote for flooring setup cost. The cost to get rid of tile floor covering varies from R200 to R500 per square metre, depending upon the kind of tiles.
What impacts flooring tile setup cost?
Expert tilers can make the task appearance simple, however if you understand how to tile a flooring yourself, you’ll understand it can be more complex than it looks. If you’re questioning why one tiling task expenses more than another, you ought to think about elements such as:
- If tiles are laid on lumber floorboards, an underlay and potentially a water resistant membrane will be needed. These are labour extensive tasks and the products required aren’t inexpensive either.
- Restroom tiles constantly need a water resistant membrane and the flooring must be sloped to permit water to recede. This is why tiling cost for a restroom can be two times as much per square metre as a living-room.
- Smaller sized locations need more tile cutting in relation to the whole task than bigger locations, so the tiling cost per square metre might be greater since of the additional labour.
- Some tiles require to be sealed after they are laid
- If old tiles require to be gotten rid of initially
Getting quotes for flooring tile setup
From the examples above, you can see why one tiler may offer you a lower quote than another. You must request an in-depth quote to discover if you’re getting an apples for apples contrast and will not have any surprises later on.
It’s advised that you get 3 quotes from tilers which you ask for a quote for the whole task instead of simply a per square metre rate. That method, you’ll understand precisely what you’re getting for your cash and might even have the ability to work out a much better rate from your favored tiler.
Get quotes from regional tilers now
Prior to you make your decision, compare the quality of previous work the tilers you get quotes from have actually done. If possible, aesthetically examine a few of these jobs. If this isn’t possible, request for referrals and call them straight.
Most of the times, if a tiler has actually been working gradually in the very same location for a variety of years, it’s most likely they have actually developed a great credibility and can be depended on to do quality work that will stand the test of time.