Is your property looking a bit boring? Want to give it that something extra? Typical Cladding prices range from R300 to R2000 per square metre making it an affordable option for adding that IT factor to your home. Local Pros partners offer a comprehensive range of cladding services, from installation to upkeep, ensuring your property not only looks its best but also stands up to harsh weather. Opting to Install Cladding with a Local Pros Partner will ensure:
- Affordable Rates for a quality service.
- Expertise wide range of Cladding materials.
- Tailored Cladding services.
- Use of quality, durable materials.
- Timely service delivery.
- End-to-end Cladding services.
- Customer-centric communication.
Read this article if you would want to know how much it might cost to add cladding to your home. Or alternatively, contact Local Pros and we will connect you to a cladding expert in your area for a personalised quote.
Factors That Influence Cladding Costs
The cost of cladding can be influenced by several factors:
- Material: Different cladding materials come at different price points. For instance, vinyl is generally cheaper than brick, stone or wood.
- Size of the Project: Larger projects will typically cost more due to the increased requirement for materials and labour.
- Complexity of Installation: More complex installations, for instance, those with intricate designs or patterns, can lead to higher labour costs.
- Location: Costs of materials and labour can vary by location, and remote or difficult-to-access locations may result in additional transportation costs.
Cladding costs vary significantly based on the type of cladding material, the surface area to be clad, and the complexity of the installation. Here’s an approximate guide to costs involved for different types of cladding:
- Vinyl Cladding: Ranging from R300 to R600 per square metre, including installation.
- Aluminium Cladding: Costs between R700 and R1500 per square metre, including installation.
- Brick Cladding: This can cost between R800 and R2000 per square metre, including installation.
- Stone Cladding: Stone cladding is a more expensive option, with prices usually ranging from R900 to R2500 per square metre, including installation.
- Wood Cladding: Costs for wood cladding typically range from R700 to R1800 per square metre, including installation.
Remember, these prices are estimates, and the actual cost can vary based on several factors like the specific type of cladding material chosen, design intricacy, and location.
How to Choose the Right Cladding Contractor
When choosing a cladding contractor, consider the following:
- Experience: Ensure the contractor has substantial experience with the type of cladding you wish to install.
- References: A reputable contractor should be able to provide references from previous clients.
- Insurance: Check if the contractor is insured. This covers any potential damages during the installation process.
- Quotes: Get multiple quotes to ensure you’re receiving a fair and competitive price.
- Certification: The contractor should be certified and comply with all local building regulations.
Typical Cladding Job Pricing
The cost of cladding projects can vary widely based on the material used, size of the wall to be cladded, and the complexity of the project. Here are a few indicative prices for typical cladding jobs:
- Small Wall (Vinyl Cladding): For a small wall size of 3m x 4m (12 square metres), using vinyl cladding, you could expect a cost range of R3,000 to R6,000, inclusive of materials and installation.
- Medium-sized Wall (Brick Cladding): For a medium-sized wall of 4m x 5m (20 square metres), opting for brick cladding could cost between R12,000 to R30,000.
- Large Wall (Stone Cladding): Stone cladding for a larger wall of 5m x 6m (30 square metres) might range between R18,000 and R50,000.
- Extra-large Wall (Aluminium Cladding): For an extra-large wall of 6m x 7m (42 square metres), aluminium cladding might cost between R25,200 to R54,600.
- Extra-extra-large Wall (Wood Cladding): For a wall size of 7m x 8m (56 square metres) using wood cladding, you might expect a cost between R33,600 to R84,000.
These are only rough estimates. The actual cost can vary based on specific details of the project, the exact type of materials chosen, and your location. Always seek a personalised quote from a professional to get an accurate understanding of your project cost.
Why Choose a Local Pros Partner for Your Cladding Needs?
It can often be hard to find a reliable cladding expert. This is why Local Pros has vetted many Cladding experts from across the country and selected the very best to join our network of professionals. Choosing a Local Pros partner guarantees you’re engaging with reputable professionals with substantial experience. Here are a few benefits:
- Quality Materials: We only utilise high-quality cladding materials that withstand the test of time.
- Skilled Craftsmanship: Our partners are well-versed with years of experience in installing various types of cladding.
- Competitive Pricing: We endeavour to provide high-quality services at fair and competitive prices.
- Local Expertise: As locals, we understand the unique requirements and challenges of cladding installations in your area.
We encourage you to request a detailed quote from a Local Pros partner for your specific cladding project to understand the expected costs accurately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the most affordable type of cladding?
Vinyl is typically the most affordable type of cladding. However, the best choice for your property will depend on various factors, including your budget, aesthetic preferences, and functional requirements.
Is cladding a good investment?
Yes. Cladding can significantly enhance the aesthetic appeal of your building, increase its thermal efficiency, and provide added protection against the elements. These benefits can potentially increase the value of your property.
How long does cladding last?
The lifespan of cladding depends on the type of material used and the quality of the installation. For example, brick and stone cladding can last for several decades with proper maintenance.
How often does cladding need to be maintained?
The frequency of maintenance will depend on the type of cladding. For example, vinyl cladding may need to be cleaned annually, while stone or brick may require repointing every few years.
Can I install cladding myself?
While it’s technically possible to install some types of cladding yourself, we generally recommend hiring a professional to ensure a safe and efficient installation that complies with all local building regulations.
Can cladding be installed on any type of building?
Most types of buildings can accommodate cladding. However, the suitability of certain types of cladding will depend on the specific characteristics of the building. It’s best to consult with a professional to determine the most suitable cladding option for your building.