How much does it cost to build a deck?
The cost of decking varies from R950 to R4000 per meter, depending on the following factors:
- The scope of the project
- The substance that was used
- The amount of time and effort required
- Steps, stair rails, balustrades, or pergolas are examples of optional features
The following is a price guide for decking:
|Wooden Decking (soft or hard wood)||R 950 per m2||R1300 per m2|
|Composite Decking||R1500 per m2||R4000 per m2|
|Pool Decking||R 950 per m2||R4000 per m2|
Because foundations, steps, and rails must be erected, the price of a raised deck will be higher.
Price of Wooden Decking
Wooden decking costs between R950 and R1300 per square metre.
Wooden decking is a popular option since it appears natural and complements your garden. Wooden decking of good quality should last for two to three decades. You can select from a variety of wood types, including:
- Red Balau
- Cumaru (Brazilian Teak)
The following are some of the advantages and disadvantages of wooden decking:
- Installation is inexpensive
- A lot of upkeep is required (eg. wood treatment and varnishing)
- The look is rustic and natural
- The traditional option
- It’s available in a variety of natural hues
Costs of Composite Decking
Composite decking is made up of a combination of natural wood and high-grade plastic.
Composite decking costs between R1500 and R4000 per square metre.
Here are some things to think about when it comes to composite decking:
- Initial investment is more expensive.
- Maintenance is minimal to non-existent.
- It looks like wood.
- Very long-lasting
- It’s available in a variety of appealing colors.
- Because it is less slippery than wood, it is ideal for swimming areas.
Pool decking improves your pool’s enjoyment while also increasing the value of your home.
You have the option of using wood or composite decking. Composite decking is more popular than wood because it is less slippery. It’s also more water resistant and requires less upkeep.
Decking is also an excellent choice for jacuzzis and splash pools, and you can add amazing features like pergolas, awnings, and rails.