Security gates cost anywhere from R1000 to R10000, depending on the type, size, and material. Sliding, Trellis, Swing and Slam Lock all have different prices.
Security gates act as a physical barrier to crime and are effective crime deterrents. They can be used on both the outside and inside of the house for enhanced security.
The table below provides an overview of average security gate costs:
|Sliding Trellis Security Gates||R2000 to R10000|
|Swing Security Gates||R1000 to R3000|
|Slam Lock Security Gates||R1400 to R3000|
|Security Gate Installation||R300 to R700|
What Influences the Cost of Security Gates?
Security gates cost between R1000 and R10000, depending on the following factors:
- Type of operation (eg. swing gate, slam lock, manual)
- Substance (eg. steel, aluminum, metal alloys, etc)
- Brand of the security gate
- Costs of labor and transportation
- Extras are required (eg. gloss paint, security cameras, etc)
- Standard or bespoke door sizes are available.
In general, the higher the expense of a security gate, the broader and higher it is. The security gate you select will be determined by your budget and security gate functioning preferences.
Sliding Trellis Security Gates Prices
Sliding trellis security gates are ideal for sealing off patios or rooms with large door frames and broad glass sliding doors.
This security gate may be slammed shut and slides along a track. Sliding trellis security gates range in price from R2000 to R10000.
The following are some of the benefits and drawbacks of sliding trellis gates:
- Option for the most expensive security gate
- Simple to use
- It’s available in a variety of colors.
- Excellent deterrence to criminality
Swing Security Gates Prices
Swing security gates are the most cost-effective alternative and are simple to install.
Depending on the type and material utilized, swing gate security costs range from R1000 to R3000.
Swing security gates have the following advantages and disadvantages:
- The most affordable security gate option
- Installation time is minimal.
- They’re available in a variety of styles and colors.
- It’s possible to add aesthetic touches to it.
- More space is required to open
- Locking security gates takes longer than slamming them shut
Slam Lock Security Gate Prices
The ease with which slam lock security gates may be slammed shut is their most well-known feature.
Depending on the size, substance, and brand of the gate, a good slam lock security gate will cost between R1400 and R3000.
The following are some things to think about when using slam lock security gates:
- To open, you don’t need a lot of space.
- Only a few colors and styles are available.
- Simple to use – simply slam shut!
- Locks in a flash
Top Security Gate Manufacturers
In South Africa, there are numerous excellent security gate manufacturers. The following are some of the most well-known: